Welcome!

There is a bevy of fashionistas out there, each making the world a posher place one shoe at a time. Here at Shoes Bags & Blogs, we hope to make our mark in the land of "Vogue" and bring fashion rookies, seasoned clotheshorses and dedicated followers of haute couture just a few more stylish suggestions, fashion news, tips and tidbits. Stay tuned...

Monday, June 27, 2011

Christie Brinkley Relishes in the Role of Roxie Hart

In the new issue of New York's "Hamptons" magazine, singer/songwriter Alexa Ray Joel conducts a special interview with her mum, supermodel Christie Brinkley.

Brinkley elaborates on her turn on Broadway as showgirl Roxie Hart in the musical "Chicago."

"It's not everyday that one has an opportunity so rife with possibility, excitement and adventure," Brinkley explains. "It awakened me to the realization that this is something I had always dreamed of doing but never had the time, or perhaps even the courage, to pursue.

"I didn't know if I had the goods, but I would rather go down in flames than spend the rest of my time wondering, What if?

"So, with a reckless abandonment and a hot pair of Louboutins, I marched into my audition, ready to have some fun. And believe me, after four or five really tough years, I really was ready to have some fun."

The 57-year-old beauty, who endured a very public divorce from Peter Cook in 2008, continues, "I got to meet and work with Walter Bobbie, the revival's original director, and he gave me wonderful emotional direction and some very helpful technical direction. For example, he suggested that I hand write all my lines in order to open up other neural passageways toward memorizing Roxie's lines.

"Also, the show surrounded me with a team of highly knowledgeable and patient professionals such as my conductor Leslie Stifelman, who worked with me on vocals. I'm also lucky enough to get squeezed in, once a week, for lessons with Broadway's most in-demand vocal coach, Joan Lader, who is helping me find ways to keep singing even through this season's record-breaking, history-making, highest pollen count ever."

No comments:

Post a Comment