Welcome!

There is a bevy of fashionistas out there, each making the world a posher place one shoe at a time. Here at Shoes Bags & Blogs, we hope to make our mark in the land of "Vogue" and bring fashion rookies, seasoned clotheshorses and dedicated followers of haute couture just a few more stylish suggestions, fashion news, tips and tidbits. Stay tuned...

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Shoulder Pad Alert: Joan Collins to Launch a Fashion Line

"Dynasty" star Joan Collins wants to launch a fashion line geared toward more mature women.

The 78-year-old actress tells British TV host Paul O'Grady that the collection would be for women over 40.

"I design a lot of my own clothes and I think for women of my age, over 40, there's very few things that you can wear.

"Everything's either too girlie, or it's too mumsy/granny, so I think I have some very good ideas," she added.

We've always admired Joan's eye for style and hope to see a lot of "Dynasty"-inspired fashions with shoulder pads, leopard prints, feathers, fur and fabulous hats.

Here we've compiled a few of our favorite Alexis Carrington looks:

Every gal needs a wide-brimmed hat, complete with netting!
A bit of fur adds the right amount of luxury.
Lions, tigers, zebras, oh my! Joan wears them all!
No power suit is complete with a little extra padding in the shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment